Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wounded Warrior Fundraiser

My good friend and fellow ultra-runner Tony Clark, is raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project. On September 9th, 2010 he will run non-stop, 224 miles, across Kansas from the Nebraska border to the Oklahoma Border in 60 hours. His goal is to raise $25,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project to help our wounded soldiers. He is a little over half way there with $13,000 in donations. He needs our help to reach his goal and I personally can't think of a better cause. So on August 21, 2010 I am running the Leadville Trail 100 in Leadville, Colorado. They call this race the race across the sky. With and average elevation of over 10,000 feet and a high elevation of 12,600 feet. This race historically has about a 33% finish rate. I am taking one time donations and per mile donations for every mile I run at Leadville, and all donations will be given to Tony for his fundraiser. I am asking all my friends, family, fellow runners to donate at least $.10 a mile that's $10 if I make it to the finish. Ten dollars is nothing these days, but lump a bunch of these together and it will help. We owe this much to our Wounded Warrior's for there service and keeping this country free. It's the least you can do to help those who have given so much. If Tony can raise $25,000 surely I can raise $2,500 for his efforts. This may be kind of aggressive but it's well worth my efforts. You can check out Tony's blog at: http://tonystrot.blogspot.com/ Please donate today be contacting me for your donation.

2 comments:

  1. Darin, you da man! Count me in for $25 no matter what...plus, $10 for every hour you finish UNDER 24! Now go git 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary, you the man also. Going to go easy to Winfield then back to Twin Lakes and then if i'm still feeling good we'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete