Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back on track

This week has been shot. I have only run once this week, a 5 mile run with the Topeka Trail runners Wednesday night and 2 1/2 solo at the Governors mansion trails. I have been doing some push ups and lunges and squats but not much running. The wife has been keeping me busy building a horse shelter and mending fence. The last 2 weeks have been lazyyyy for me, only 35 miles last week and 7.5 this week so far. I need to get back on track. I don't have anything scheduled as far as runs go for the next 1 1/2 months other than Rock Creek #2 Saturday. I wanted to run Berryman but waited to long and it filled up before I got my entry in.
I guess I'm going to half to tell myself I'm going to try Leadville so I can keep motivated. I really want to run Leadville but, I have no pacer and don't think I can take the time off from work to get a couple days out there getting used to the elevation and such and still take a vacation with the family this summer. Not to mention the cost issue. I have already committed to the Heartland 100 also so that has some bearing on my decision also. I'm looking forward to Heartland my sister is coming from Florida to pace me so that will be awesome. I know she is looking forward to it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment